Coaching CircleSign Up Now!
The Coaching Circle is a high impact and affordable group coaching programme tailored for Medical Professionals. Our Task is to help our clients to find and achieve what they most want. We help them achieve exceptional levels of personal and professional productivity first by getting clear on whats most important to them, identifying the tools they need to achieve more, getting them to step into their strengths, move past what stops them, take massive action, stay on track and providing accountability.
Founded and led by Dr. Koshy Jacob , a Consultant Radiologist, Professional Coach, Business Owner, Entrepreneur and Property Investor and together with a dedicated team of successful leaders and coaches, we expect this programme will transform every aspect of your professional and personal lives.
Pete Lowe from First Team Ltd is a former Manchester City Football Club Head of Education and Performance Management. Pete uses his proven performance management frameworks as a blueprint for developing successful teams and leaders, and tells stories of sporting challenges and successes to inspire and motivate. His approach is a direct, honest and open. Quick to spot what’s standing in the way of progress, he questions and challenges individuals and teams so that issues are brought out, discussed and resolved. Insider anecdotes from his premier league days help illustrate his points and make them stick. Working with people at all levels, Peter helps organisations unlock individual and team potential, put clear road maps in place, and develop winning environments that give them a business edge.
David Savage brings his extensive experience in engineering, manufacturing and leadership and runs one session a month with a view to boost productivity and give members the drive to astound themselves in what they and their teams can achieve.
John Savage is an Executive and Personal Development Coach who works with ambitious leaders, professionals and early career people who know there is more to life than what they’ve currently achieved. They are committed to improving their situation and in bringing greater impact to their lives and businesses. As an engineer, educationalist and coach, he uses his experience, tools and skills to help people become the best version of themselves.
How Coaching Can Benefit Medical Professionals
Professionals across all industries use coaching to help them unlock their hidden potential and improve performance both personally as well as professionally. This can be particularly important for Radiologists.
Radiologists have always worked in high-stress environments. Unlike most other professionals, a doctor’s performance in the workplace goes beyond just offering reports.
Today, the medical workplace has become even more stressful. Mounting workloads and relentless time constraints combined with increasingly unrealistic expectations have left Radiologists feeling more stressed than ever before. When stress levels are persistently high, frustration and burnout are the inevitable result.
The best and most effective way for doctors to address these issues is through professional coaching.
How Coaching Works
Change and results are the two main goals of coaching. An experienced coach can help you conquer your fears and your weaknesses, eliminate limiting beliefs, improve your thinking patterns and help you develop new skills and empowering habits that will close the gap between where you are right now and where you want to be.
Although coaching involves behavioral change, it is very different from conventional psychological treatments. Psychological treatments address active psychiatric issues such as obsessive compulsive disorder, depression and psychosis.
Coaching on the other hand is oriented towards guiding high-functioning individuals towards maximizing their innate potential. A coach presumes that you have sufficient inner resources to handle the various challenges life throws your way and focuses on helping you harness your internal mechanisms in order to achieve your goals.
What Happens During Coaching Sessions
During the first or first few sessions, your coach will ask you several open and close-ended questions in order to identify your goals and your obstacles towards getting there. A good coach does not just listen to your words. To learn more about your core values, perspectives, insecurities, strengths and weaknesses, they also observe your body language. Actions, however subtle, often reveal more than words.
After establishing a rapport with you and getting a better idea of your personality, your struggles and your goals, the coach will work with you to make a few changes that will empower you to make tough decisions and take positive action in order to achieve the results you want.
This may involve some or all of the following strategies:
· Providing you with effective tools, techniques and strategies that will help you deal with difficulties more resourcefully, without feeling overwhelmed or overly frustrated
· Suggesting alternative insights and perspectives that help you discover a world of new opportunities and perspectives that you may not have considered earlier
· Offering encouragement and emotional support to help you overcome your personal and professional challenges
· Guiding you towards setting realistic goals and overcoming potential obstacles that stand between you and the life you wish to live
· Challenging your self-defeating thoughts and limiting beliefs, while encouraging you to make better decisions
You have a role to play too. For coaching to work you must be proactive. You must be prepared to talk openly and honestly about your thoughts, feelings and circumstances. You must also be willing to accept and explore new ideas and strategies that will help you achieve the results you want.
How Coaching Can Help You
Still not sure how coaching can help you as a medical doctor? Take a look at how it can enhance your performance both in and out of the workplace and close the gap between where you are and where you want to be.
How Coaching helps you overcome physician burnout
- Teaches you how to stay centered amidst increasing external demands and challenges by offering quick and simple mindful activities that lower reactivity and instill a sense of calm instead
- Helps you regain your sense of purpose so you find more meaning and satisfaction on the job
- Provides doable action steps that can help you move from being stuck to taking positive action
- Helps you hone your stress management skills and achieve a better work-life balance
How coaching helps improve your leadership skills
- Helps you identify your blind spots and recognize your strengths in the workplace
- It gives you the tools you need to reduce self-doubt and boost self-confidence, become more focused and grounded, leverage your strengths and develop your leadership skills.
- Boosts conflict management skills and improves interpersonal and team relationships
How coaching helps you meet your goals
- You gain clarity and are more confident about making major career and life decisions
- Helps you identify what is most important to you
- Helps you recognize the areas where you feel stuck and the obstacles that are preventing you from moving forward
- Suggests tools, techniques and strategies that will help you move towards something you’ve always wanted
Should You Consider Coaching?
Till a few years ago, very few if any Radiologist considered coaching. That has changed, and today there are a significant number of medical professionals who are turning to coaching to help them live life to the fullest.
You should consider coaching if …
- You are your harshest critic
- You are great at what you do, which is caring for patients, but never find time to care for yourself
- You want to develop skills that will help improve your professional and personal relationships
- You are growing into a larger leadership role and want to boost your communication and conflict management skills
- You want to achieve better work life balance and make more time to do the things that truly matter to you
- You want to move from ‘getting along’ to ‘getting along great’
When you work with a coach, you will achieve all of this and more. Your coach will help you focus on your strengths and move forwards towards your goals. This is neither fast nor easy. It requires a shift in mindset and that happens slowly, over time. However, with each milestone you will feel an overwhelming sense of accomplishment that is a reward in itself. Every small goal that you achieve acts to positively reinforce your self-confidence and self-esteem taking you closer to your goals and the life that you envision.
Your Premium membership worth up to £300 brings unlimited access to their library of hundreds of video, text and audio book summaries, their issue-specific MicroCourses, and their career-critical MasterClasses. Watch, read or listen on any device at any time.
The Best Summaries of the Most Important Books:
Each book in their summary library has been carefully chosen and professionally summarized to extract and present only the most important ideas and practical tips. No fluff, no filler, no wasted time.
The top 3 books on your most important growth issues. They take the most pressing problems you'll face as a business leader, find the top 3 books on that topic, and summarize them for you in one timely and trustworthy 3-book bundle. Perfect for solving immediate problems and for lunch and learns with your team.
Master Courses:Learn from the best to become your best. Take one of their 12-month Courses in Sales, Leadership, Marketing or Personal Development and learn the career-critical skills from the hand-picked experts in the field.
Knowledge x Action = Results
Their Lifelong Learning Loop methodology unlocks the ideas in their summaries and converts them into action. It’s the critical step that differentiates the world’s most successful learners.
- Small group transformational coaching sessions
- Premium Readitfor.me subscription